Monday, April 24, 2006

It all started...

...with the purchase of some new furniture. The living room was looking unliveable, so we picked up some organizational furniture (read: furniture with doors.) And so began The Great Rearrangement...as well as my blog hiatus!

I did manage to get the taxes done and post-marked (thanks Hon!) before the deadline. I also finished the shrug, my aunt's scarf, Mom's muppet scarf, and 2 2/3 pairs of socks. And you'd get to see some of them if I could get the photos uploaded. Ah, the suspense.

I am totally in love with my new size 3 Takumi dpns. I made my first pair of socks last weekend on a set of aluminum size 6 needles that I had around. Then, while out of town on a new baby visit, I picked up the Takumis and a couple of balls of self-striping Regia.

I have considered that I may never knit anything but socks again. I imagine I'll get over it, but I am really addicted to socks. I became intrigued by sock knitting after reading .The Yarn Harlot's description of the allure of knitting socks. She's right. They're fun to make, they're practical, and they're ordinary, everyday. It's not the newest, neato, whiz-bang toys that let my little guy know I really love him, it's the bedtime stories every night. Socks are the bedtime stories.

I'll post the pictures when I can get them to cooperate. I have to go finish a sock. And then read a bedtime story.

1 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

Wow - you were a knitting maching while you were out of town!

Give the little guy a hug from Batman, ok?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home