Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Da goods

Here are the socks, modeled by their owner (who points his little feet so that they look like bows!) (Tonight I finished another pair just like them for my little guy.)





And here's the little kitchen thing I made for my intarsia class a couple of weeks ago. I don't remember which yarns they are, but that variegated pink stuff just screamed to be an Easter egg. (Instructor's egg, my towel design...it arose out of the desire to do something with it once I had mastered the color knitting.):





This is a a wrap thing that started out as a much bigger wrap thing in about 1998. It's from a Red Heart pattern with their yarn. The pattern stitch is kind of neat, but there's a point in the pattern that no matter how tired nor how rested I was, the thing just wouldn't make sense. So, I finished the seed stitch border and bound off. Life's too short! Mom thought it might help keep her warm in her office.





And the sock addiction continues. We're starting a road trip tomorrow, and I can't wait to get on the road to start the next pair! Lucy Neatby's coming to my LYS in about a week, but her sock class is already booked. I may stop by and snoop while she's there! I think a week later the Mason-Dixon tour arrives. I'm definitely going to drop in on that fun!

My trip's 4 days...I'll let you know how many socks I knock out. ('Course, there's also this baby cardigan that's on the needles, and I'd like to get that done so that the child doesn't outgrow it by the time I get it to her mother...or maybe she'd like a nice pair of socks!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home