Saturday, June 24, 2006

Nice to see you!

And nice to be seen. Llife has a way of getting crazy just ehn you think you're going to get a chance to catch your breath, doesn't it?

Anyway, here are some things I've been up to. First, the socks that started the whole thing.



These were made from a Classic Elite Funky Cotton Socks kit (that I picked up in about 1999 maybe?) which calls for size 6 needles. I've been using a modified version of the pattern on size 3s to make kids socks. This has fast become my favorite brainless project!

I was going to use this forum to see if someone could explain a part of the pattern that I was ignoring because it wasn't making sense. The socks were coming out fine, so I figured someday it would just dawn on me waht in the world they were talking about. So, I just went and got the pattern to ask my question, and...ta-dah! It all makes sense now. Figures. Guess I'll be able to sleep now.

Anyway, a friend of mine is having a baby girl any day now, so I have also been working on a cute little dress for her (the pattern for which can be found here. It's all sown up and awaiting blocking (...where did I put that inspiration? I'm sure I just had it a minute ago!)

And to go with the little wrap dress, a pair of baby ballet slippers inspired by a baby bootie pattern in Family Circle Easy Knitting's Spring/Summer '99 issue. The original pattern was for a pair of Mary Janes, and I was going to just make 'em in pink (and a little smaller), but since the wrap dress has a bit of ballet delicacy, I decided to skip the straps and leave the slippers as they were.



They're cute stuffed with Kleenex, but they'll be even cuter when they're stuffed with baby feet!

I'll try to make it less than 2 months next time!

1 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

Baby ballet slippers! So cute! And it's nice to see that you are still there. =)

(And who's having the baby? Anyone I met?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home