Saturday, June 20, 2009

Another new way to spend time with the kid

I mentioned in my last post that last weekend was spent at the Iowa Sheep and Wool Festival with some friends. Well, the kiddo went with me also. He thoroughly enjoyed meeting the sheep and alpacas as well as trying something new...felting:

So Pam and I ran by Hobby Lobby and picked up some supplies. Yesterday, while the kid and I were waiting for the handspun to dry so we could whack it around a little, we tried it out.

It was fun and certainly easy. I think the element of danger (that needle is barbed to actually felt the fiber) appeals to the kid. Here's what we wound up with:

1 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

OMG. I love the Mario and the star! Awesome work!

And, um, did I forget to mention that you want to whack the handspun while it's wet? I may have forgotten to mention that. You're basically felting it very very slightly when you do that, to keep the fibers together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home