Monday, July 06, 2009

1 ball, 2 strikes

So I mentioned the other day that I started a sweater. I'm working on Lift and Separate from the original Big Girl Knits. I'm using some Debbie Bliss merino dk in color 225202. I originally picked this up for a completely different pattern that I have a memory of working on in the summer of 2006. I got all the way to starting on the second ball and then let it sit. Strike 1. I was looking a pattern that would be suitable for my newly handspun yarn when I saw that sweater and decided that I already had the perfect yarn for it. I dutifully knitted not 1, not 2, but 3 gauge swatches on 2 different sets of needles. Strike 2. Anyway, this time, I think I'm safely on base.



The color really is a dark turquoise or teal (depending on your preference), not the royal that it appears. In fact, the wine bottle in the background is royal and that picture showed the best contrast I could get.

The wine bottle is a bit of a souvenir from Pam's trip out here and is currently doing double duty:

1 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

Woo! Knitting, spinning, blogging - look at you go!

And nice vase. We'll have to work on getting you a variety of them. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home